Thursday, May 22, 2008

IVA 2008

This Monday I've been at the IVA Hi-Tech Conference. IVA is Israel Venture Association and it holds an annual event. This is the second time I'm visiting there (Last time was IVA 2007).

The event theme was "The Golden Age of Israeli Entrepreneurs" and there were high-key speakers both from the local VC industry and the global one (See the agenda here).

But as always, the main thing in these types of conferences is the networking outside the lecture hall... In fact this time I think I can count on two hand (and maybe one foot...) the total number of minutes I stayed in the lecture hall... And I wasn't the only one.. Aside from the keynotes from Tim Draper (Draper Fisher Jurvetson) and Michael Moritz (Sequoia) in which the lecture hall was quite full, most of the time the real action was out in the "networking hall"...

And that's not a bad thing, it means that all the relevant people were there, and I myself had a good time catching up with old friends and meeting some new ones. In any case, the second day, which I couldn't attend, seemed to have interesting panels, maybe it helped tipping the balance towards lecture hall attendance and less "yapping"...

Until the next IVA conference...

No comments: