Friday, January 19, 2007

Soon to come...

I haven't gotten around to post too many posts lately due to the fact that we are in the midst of the integration process of GamearraY in Orange Israel. We are going live there soon, and there's a lot to do, so even though I have a lot of issues I would like to adress here, these might be somewhat delayed.

Working with an operator is a very demanding process, lots of coordination between R&D team, project managers, IT/Security personnel etc. (And that's after passing all the legal/commercial stages way before the actual work begins).

One of the major tasks is of course skinning the entire platform to fit the operator's brand. As you can see in the picture our opening screen for our mobile application was painted orange (I wonder why?...) and our platform will be whitelabeled as "MyGame" (which I think is quite a good consumer name).

When we go live, I promise to update here. We have worked a lot for this project to happen and I can't wait to actually see it on the air. Then I will be also able to elaborate on the business model, and of course give the link to the skinned site.

Anyway, as I mentioned before, there are many issues I would like to address in the following posts, and among them are: Mobile cameras, Mobile TV business models, What makes mobile applications useful, The rising and falling handsets vendors, Operators and their walled-gardens (not for long?...), Operators vs. Gateways/Brokers and more; I am writing all of this here so I won't forget...

So "stay tuned", I'll try to "squeeze in" some of these despite all that's happening (And I promise to lower the dosage of double quotes; I have used too many of those in this sentence...)

No comments: